Sunday, December 07, 2008

I AM BACK ALIVE YET AGAIN!!
THANKS GOD..
...................................................................................................

I know I know.. Stop thinking 'Wads with the starting sentence,'''=_='..
LoL.. I knew it..

Haha.. Actually, its nothing to be surprised about..
I just camp back from a day camp.. In the sea..
Well, not excatly in the sea, but actually on the sea..
You see, we are actually preparing for the RIKE,
which I, regreatably and unfortunately cant make it,
because I have a chalet with my secondary class,
that we planned for some time back..
So guys going for the RIKE, sorry and good luck =D
Oh ya, I forget to mention, RIKE stands for Round Island Kayaking Expedition.
Its organised by my cca seniors, and its only open to insider..
Sorry peeps that are interested, I cant offer it to you..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, although I cant make it myself,
I make it a point for me to go down for the prep training myself..
Initially, me and a few from my batch felt reluctant to go..
Because initially, we feel that we really arent up to the standard...
Well, I'm not sure how the rest felt, but thats wad I generally felt..
But in the end, since I paid, I decided to make the best of it..
So, reluctantly, I left my home and set off for the camp..
Oh, by the way.. I was actually late for the briefing time..
Luckliy, they haven started the briefing.. And you know why?
I later found out that the stated briefing time was bogus..
They actually planned for us to come early so we can help out in the preparations..
MY GOD.. AINT THAT CLEVER!!
Haha..Good idea.. I think its something I can keep as refference. =P
Well, I don really mind being there early, at least we get to learn some stuff..
Not bad.. I was starting to feel that I wont regret coming..
And since I was dere.. I decide to make the best out of it..
But what I didnt really like bout the first night was the lack of sleep..
I know we had stuff to do, but if u consider the amount of sleep,
for a full day of kayaking the following day.. I think its insufficient..
With insufficient sleep, people become reckless..
I think that everyone should at least have a clear mind jus in case something crop up..
Thats the least I expect, because other than safety, no else comes first =D
Well, though short, I should be glad we had some sleep...
AND.. IT WAS STILL THE SAME FREAKING COLD ROOM..
Why izzit every time we sleep over at pm it must be that cold..man.. this sux..
lol...
Well, other than that, i think breakfast was not that good as well..
I dont really like havin mac breakfast because it really cost a lot..
Well,maybe not for those working alumni...
But seriously, I think they should reconsider this..
Hmmm.. Oh well.. Don complain so much.. I'm glad I've food..=D
After breakfast, we have another short briefing, oh ya.. I forget to mention, we had a short briefing before sleep.. LOL..
When we are done talking, we set off.. I was paired with JJ, one of the alumni..
And our first destination was p. hantu, some 10-15 km away..
But that wasnt the complete course, we actually have to kayak pass hantu,
then kayak to another the end of another island before heading back for hantu..
That actually adds up to 5km..
For this part one, the paddling wasnt much difficult because we were still fresh..
But, the main problems lies with dirrection and control..
It sux big time.. The side current make me f--king d-l-n..
Man.. Seriously,if u paddle in a condition where ya kayak keep losing direction..
I think you will feel damm angry and siann...
Well, enough of that.. After part one was lunch.. LoL.. You must be wondering how early was that.. We actually had lunch bout 12..
Bout half and hour later, we set off for part 2..
Actually, we didnt really complete part 2 because we were caught up in a storm and visibilty become dangerously low.. So, we acually raft up and waited for it to past..
For part 2, we kayak to the end of that other island and back again..
So it was only 5 km.. But actually, we were supposed to do another 10 km lap..
We were suposed to kayak past some becon and return to hantu..
In the end, we abandon this part.. Oh well..
After part 2, we had a short rest before we head back to pm..
The journey should also be about 10-15 km..
We actually took 3 1/2 hour to reach back..
For both part 2 and part 3, I was partnering with Yu Tai..
And we were assigned, or I should say volunteered to be tail end..
Speaking of which, I have to apologize.. Because I actaully didnt do my work..
At that point of time, I was actually thinking bout the pride of the alumin..
I know, part of my job is to push people at the back forward..
And show them the support so that the can push on..
But I didnt overlook the fact that they are alumin, and they have more experince..
Wont encouragment coming out from a junior be a insult to them?
Honstly, I dont know.. But I think maybe I think too much le..
I was just hoping not to say or do something without thinking of the consquences..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, other than that.. Nothing much.. The trip back was much easier..
I think maybe yutai and i could cordinate much better..
Or I think beacuse the side current was less irriating..
What ever the case, we make it back and I'm glad.. =D
After that, we had a short debrief..
Once again, I gotta apologize because during the briefing,
I think I said too much.. Haha..
I know everyone was tired and wanna go home..
But when we sit down and started talking bout the trip,
I realise that there are actually alot of stuff we overlook..
I think I just wanna be useful by offering some new viewpoints..
Hopes it didnt make me too irraitng.. lol...
Well, after debrief, we bath and left for dinner..
I think they alumni are very good to us junior..
Because by right, out of respect, we junior should let offer up the right to bath first for them..
But they actually let us bath and leave first, for that, I'm thankful..
And because we get to bath first and leave first, I make it to the veggie stall at clement in time..
Thanks god I had food.. If not I would have starve to death..
Oh, I forget to mention..Haha..Lunch was disater..
You know wad I have lunch?
A harsh brown, corssiant, a choc bread and a few jelly.. ok, maybe a lot of jelly..
Well, if u consider what I eat for a regular day, breakfast.. I think it should be just nice...
Oh maybe a bit too much..
But we're talking bout lunch, for a day of training.. I think I seriously lack carbo..
Heng during the mst period, I was eating biscuit like a hungry ghost..
If not, I wouldnt have store up that much fats to last me through.. LOL..
Anyway, even if the lunch, I am really thankful..
At least I have something.. Thats better than starving..
But to make up for it, I actually have an erormous dinner..
Don ask me how much I eat, go ask Yu Tai if u want to know.. LOL..
After dinner, we head for home..
That should be all bah =D

Through out the training, I think what I've learn more is pratical experience..
And the training experince..
Its not everyday you get kayak in a storm..
For me, I think this is just and introduction.. A window..
To greater adventure ahead..
I definitely need these experince to aid me..
Cheers..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, I am so lazy to continue the post with A-X so i will try to sumarize it..

After that game, we had dinner..
After dinner, we went for night hike.
Night hike was secondary, the pratical emergency training was the main thing.
We took turns be leader and each time we were given specific senario to handle..
After that, we got back, debrief and sleep..
Night sentry again..
Wake up, breakfast..
No pt, funny.. But good =D
Then.. ERM... EH.... Forget liao..
Oh ya, we make a water filter with stone rocks sands and paper.. In a plastic bottle..
Then we try to make first with only magnifying glass..
Then with flint.. Failed..
Then they killed frogs..
Then we had lucnh..
Then we pack up..
Then we go home..
=D
Period.. Thats bout all for the last part..
Seriously tired liao..
Haha..
But overall its a good experience..
Cheers..

No comments: