Thursday, October 01, 2009

September 16 - October 1 2009

Gone for 2 weeks.. I would say it wasnt quite a long period..
Compared to the previous one,
and given the fact that this holidays was damm packed..

I took a look back at my handphone calender,
and I realise that its mainly filled up by 2 things..
Work and Training..
I know I have to work, if I don't want to miss out on the fun others are experiencing..
I know I have to work, so that I won't be the only loser, who can't go anywhere..
I know I have to work, cause I know it sucks, to be the only odd one out..
Maybe i'm just trying too hard to belong.. maybe this just aint my world..

Training.. I have to train myself, I have to train the juniors..
Not an easy feat, but I try to do what I can..
Kayaking is a skill, I can be good at.. If i trained hard..
But teaching kayaking, can't be trained and obtained..
I have to learn it, by myself, or from others..
Well, I think I don't have much of a choice..
Because if I want to learn from others,
I need money.. And thats not an option for me..
But for the sake of my juniors, I will put in the best of my ability..
God bless us..

Other events...

Night hike..
Ended up in a failure..
Supposed to complete everything and reach Macritchie Reservoir..
But halfway through, we decided to give up and left at rifle range road..
Sucks big time hurr?
Well, I guess we can only blame our own weakness..

Stong..
I could say alot happened.. I could say I thought through alot..
First time sleeping on a bed of a train..
Not the best bed in the world, but its good enough..
Went caving, a first for me..
Quite the experience, to venture into the unknowns..
And the first time I slipped, kicked a girl and cause her to fell..
By accident of course..
Sucks big time.. And makes me felt guilty all over..
Oh well, I just have to pay her back in some other ways.
Went up to the base camp after lunch..
Played in the water a little, wash up and got ourselves clean.
Went back to cook dinner and set up our hammock.
First time to have a hut for sleeping area instead of the usual tents.
Cool, makes everything easier..
Then we went to the view point and feel the sunset..
Because the view point faces east, while sun sets at the west..
One of the most spectacular views I have seen on a mountain..
Wanted to just take everything back and share with my friends..
It was just awesome..
First time having tea and eating moon cake at a mountain.
Would die to do it again and again..
With more people of course..
Next come sleep, and then day break..
Missed the sun rise, because we thought it would rain..
But ended up, it didn't.. Oh well..
After breakfast, we got prepared, thinking we would be trekking to the submit..
But due to a delay of time, we only get to trekked up the top of the waterfall..
Notice.. Top of waterfall is not submit.. lol..
But oh well, I guess we still went somewhere nice and enjoyed ourselves..
After that, we trekked back to base camp..
And slacked there for a few hours..
Went to view point to have lunch,
threw some stones and made some wishes..
Then we just sat there and enjoy the view..
Halfway through, yu tai and hilda went to try out the 'slide'
We went after a while when we thought it was going to rain..
I tried once myself, and got abrasion on my ass..
You may be thinking, how can people can abrasion on a slide..
Well, firstly, its a natural slide, make of rocks.
Second, I could say its a 3m slide..
Third, it has an uneven surface and I guess, I just bumped into some..
Painful at it is, It was fun..
After that, we slacked a while..
Then we packed our bags and started our trek down the mountain.
Saw people from NYP reaching the campsite and setting up camp..
What a coincidence..
Whats more, the SDO is one of our seniors..
From a long long ago batch.. WoW..
Oh well, that I guess they say the world is small..
We also saw trekkers from the UK.. 2 of them.. Cool..
After that, its just all the way down down down..
At the foot, we bathed and changed..
Hop on the van, went to the town, had dinner and slacked till the train come..
Went all the way back to Johor, slacked there, ate and watch movie..
Then it was home sweet home...




No comments: