Saturday, December 05, 2009

5th December..

Early morning, and I'm here to post..
And I'm actually posting this for yesterday event..
Before I forget what had happened..

Just a quick update for today first,
Forced to woke up by a stupid phone call..
Which nobody in the house want to answer..
Well, thats our tradition..
The last person who cant stands it pick up the phone..
tsk.. What a family hurr..
Regardless of that,
I would still have to wake up..
Having work later.. tsk.. and exams is next week..
Well, I know the chef need my help..
Cant leave him there to die..

4th December, Friday

Gonna be one of the dates that I will always remember from now on.. Or at least try to..
On that day, about 20 kids from a nearby home visited SP..
And for their second half of the day, We're in charge of making them happy.
And when I say we, I mean SPA.

The initial planning started a month back,
and we were in talks of holding abseiling and rock climbing for those kids..
We had worries, concerns, ideas, solutions, and did what we could,
Just so that those kids, could enjoy that day's activity safely..
For me initially, I was just hoping that there wont be a major screw up..
And I was praying that there wont be any hard kids to handle..
But once I saw them.. my mind went another direction..
I know I just have to do my best, to put a smile on every kid face..

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, or I'm just over sensitive..
But its like I could almost feel, how much that day meant to them..
The way they try to get attention, just tell me how little of that they had at home..
The way they get attached to me like a big brother,
tells me how much they needed some one bigger there to care for them..
I've gotta be truthful to myself.. Because I never thought I would be so close to an Indian kid..
But he was just this little kid.. And race didnt mattered to me anymore.. (I'm hardcore racist)
Seeing how that small little guy, trying to struggle with his fear of heights alone at the cage..
Just melts my heart and I know immediately, he's a kid in need..

Every one of them is a strong kid and I can see that they have been through much..
they were all brave enough to try and hide their fear,
and you could see they wanted so much to be standing on their own.
Because you know, standing at the abseiling cage, is no easy feat even for teenagers my age..
But those kids, were ready to conquer everything they fear,
so that victory of enjoyment they felt when going down the line..

Its heartwarming.. I didn't know I could be this good with kids..
Or actually I did.. When helping out my mom with looking after kids at FT..
I will always ended up being stick around by a few small guys..
Guess that always happens to me..

This day, I learned an important lesson in life..
To put a smile across my own face, its easy. I just have to think about smiling..
But put to put a smile across a kid face, its never easy..
You have to put in alot of consideration and thoughts and efforts..
To make sure that the smile is worth it, and that it will stays forever, in their heart..
Because you know, at the end of the road, you will gain back a smile that stays as well..
A true smile..

Cheers everybody, time to bath and get ready for work..


No comments: